At Pacific Orthopaedics we specialise in treating chronic and acute musculoskeletal conditions affecting the hip and knee, ranging from osteoarthritis, fractures and torn ligaments to complex revision surgery on damaged or failed joint replacements.
Under the diligent care of our specialist orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Andrew Letchford, you or your loved one will have access to the highest standard of consultation and treatment – before, during and after surgery.
For more information on our services, please select an option from below.
Dr. Letchford will spend as much time with you as is necessary to determine the best course of treatment and to address any questions or concerns you may have. He will also make time to see you in the weeks following your procedure to monitor your progress and give additional guidance.
Dr. Letchford specialises in surgical treatment for a wide range of hip conditions and disorders, from accidental fractures to arthritic damage and childhood disorders. Using advanced surgical techniques and technology, Dr. Letchford will repair or replace damaged areas in the femoral head, acetabulum or articular cartilage to restore as much movement as possible in the affected joint.
Robotic Surgery – Hip
- Robotic assisted surgery provides more accurate cup placement compared to a manual replacement and also decreases probable impingement, wear and dislocation of the hip.
- Provides a more accurate leg length which reduces potential for any discomfort and walking complications
Due to it being such a complex joint, the knee is a common problem area in terms of both injury and treatment. Dr. Letchford specialises in knee procedures of all types and for patients of all ages, from keyhole surgery (arthroscopy) to total knee replacements.
Robotic Surgery – Unicompartmental Knee
- It is a treatment option that is much more user friendly for the surgeon and can give a better result for the patient much earlier in the diagnosis, without going through a full knee replacement.
- For patients with osteoarthritis isolated to a single compartment of the knee, this can alleviate pain without having to perform a full knee replacement, and increase the chance of delivering a knee that functions better.
Robotic Surgery – Total Knee
- Navigated Robotic surgery provides the ability to accurately size and position an implant during Total Knee Replacement Surgery when arthritis is present in multi compartments within the knee.
- Provides accurate ligament balancing for a more comfortable, functional joint replacement.
Sports Injury Surgery
Another of Dr. Letchford’s areas of specialisation is in the treatment of sports injuries – specifically those affecting the knee. Through a combination of advanced surgical treatment and follow-up care, Dr. Letchford will help repair the damage and get you back to doing what you love.
Trauma and Emergency Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Letchford routinely attends to emergency-room patients where urgent orthopaedic care is needed. From children with broken limbs to elderly patients who have suffered a fall, Dr. Letchford provides the immediate treatment, advice and reassurance required for a speedy, healthy recovery.