Booking an Appointment
To book an appointment, please contact Pacific Orthopaedics on 07 5527 1818.
Alternatively, send us an enquiry via our online contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm a time.
Please ensure you have a valid referral from your GP. For your information, GP referrals are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and Specialist referrals are valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
What to Bring
Please bring the following to your first consultation:
- GP referral letter
- Medicare card
- Pension, Private Health member details and/or Workcover documentation
- A list of your current medications (pharmaceutical and naturopathic)
- Any relevant x-rays or scans, including disks or USB sticks.
- A loved one to help with questions or comments
Please also remember to wear appropriate clothing so that Dr. Letchford can easily examine you.
What Happens During Your Consultation
When you arrive, you will be greeted by either Sherryn or Regan. They will request your name and give you a New Patient Registration questionnaire to fill out. They will be more than happy to help you fill it out should you require assistance. Prior to your consultation we suggest that you compile a list of any questions or concerns you may have and wish to raise with Dr Letchford. If it helps, we encourage you to write them down so that you don’t forget them during your consultation.
During your consultation, Dr Letchford will discuss the following points with you;
- Ask for details about the condition (your symptoms, how long it’s been bothering you, if anything has changed, etc.)
- Assess your medical history
- Perform a physical examination of the affected area
- Examine x-rays, scans or other test results
- Discuss what outcomes you forsee
- Explain the benefits and risks of surgery (if surgery is deemed necessary)
- Answer any questions or concerns you may have
- Provide a treatment plan with an estimated recovery timeline
Fees and Pricing
Here at Pacific Orthopaedics, we charge a flat rate for all consultations. Provided you have a valid referral we can offer the Medicare Rebate through Hicaps at the time of consultation. You will also require to have either registered your bank account details with Medicare or have your current bank account details with you on the day.
Please note that Pacific Orthopaedics is not a bulk-billing or gap cover practice therefore, you will be responsible for any gap fee that is not covered under Medicare or your private health cover. Please contact our rooms if you require further clarification on fee schedule accounts.
To book a consultation with Dr. Letchford, please call 07 5527 1818 or contact us online.